It couldn’t be simpler to take part in a FREE Active Train group.
- Check our timetables for details of your local running or walking groups
- Click “Register” and complete our participant registration form
- Arrive at your chosen station 5 minutes before departure.
- Enjoy your Active Train journey
- Exit the group at your chosen destination
Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
- Arrive on time: Our ‘Train Drivers’ are qualified group leaders who set the pace upfront to ensure the group arrives at each station on time.
- At your Pace: Don’t worry if the pace is quicker than you’re used to, our ‘Train Guard’ stays with the last participant to ensure no one ever gets left behind. Additionally, our ‘On Board Supervisors’ offer support to those in the ‘middle carriages’.
- Choose How Far: If the total distance makes you nervous then feel free to check-in or check-out at our departure points along the route. Meaning you’re never more than a mile from your nearest train station.
Small active changes
- Get Active: Being more physically active can contribute to maintaining a healthy weight and reducing the risk of developing chronic disease.
- Save money: By swapping one station on your train journey a day for an active commute you could save up to £20 per week.
- Cleaner Air: Ditch the car for a walk and help reduce thousands of tonnes of carbon emission!
- De-stress: Why brave delays and the daily squeeze on a packed tube or train when you can unwind with a stress free active commute. Exercise is proven to release stress reducing chemicals.